Monday, November 4, 2013

A blessing created halt for my training

Training had been going well for my first half marathon to take place in January. Who would have known that I would get such shocking news that would put all of it on hold for a while? Well after a car wreck on 25Oct I got the news in the ER that I am pregnant and due Jun2014. After trying for over 4 years I thought that it would never happen, but after being told "you're pregnant" I remembered the words my OB told me that if I didn't lose the weight I had gained that it would be almost impossible to become pregnant again.

The journey to get healthy started because I wanted to have more energy for my 5 year old, but it has now taken a whole NEW direction on being healthy and prepared for our new expected addition. For me the truth is that it had never really sank in that my weight was stopping me from giving my husband the child he wanted until my weight loss allowed us to finally have the chance. Honestly I am not where I would like to be starting out for this pregnancy, but I know that eating healthy and stay moving we will both be happy and healthy in June when we welcome our new baby into our family.

This new addition will only delay my first half marathon. It will in NO WAY keep me from reaching that goal of being able to run farther than I EVER have before.

No comments:

Post a Comment