Thursday, May 23, 2013

Rejuvenation for getting healthy

Over time I have had my good moments and bad moments while on my journey to healthy. I have had so many moments where I felt like I could just keep moving and nothing could stop me, but then I would have no energy and all I wanted to do was just give up. I am still amazed thay I could go 6 miles without giving up, yet lately I some how had lost my drive to get moving. The best thing that EVER could have happened for me was being introduced to Team RWB.
The chance to become a part of an organization who is about fitness and social interaction for Veterans and the communities that they live in. Since I found out about the organization I have volunteered with them at events, but soon my interaction with them would take me to a whole new level of finding out more about me.
This week for the first time a group of Team RWB women here where I live have committed to getting together twice a week in order to support each other and further our fitness capabilities. It was an amazing feeling for someone else to be right beside me and encourage me to not give up even if I didn't have the fastest pace in the world. Another great feeling for me was as my running partner stayed with me and our other two running mates came back because "you never leave a friend behind".
I never knew that an organization for veterans and our service members could in the end be the tool that I needed too. My new found love for putting my feet to the pavement will be just what I have needed to stay on my path to getting healthy. I cannot wait for the day when I can finally get out there moving and not be out of breath less than a minute into it. Team RWB is the blessing and avenue that I have needed for a long time to FINALLY get to the point that I can keep going and not give up. This time I have just gotten started and I WILL NOT QUIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment